and thank you for visiting.
On these web pages you will find information about the nursery itself and lots of photographs of the children at work and play as they work through the Early Years Curriculum – just use the links to find your way around.
Edwin Street Nursery is a Community Powers nursery, which is run by a committee comprising of:
- Mrs Sharon Donaldson, Nursery Manager and Reception Teacher at Amble First School
- Mr Simon Baxter, Chair of Governors at Amble First School
- Mrs Joyce Jenkins, Headteacher at Amble First School
The Early Years Unit has its own toilet facilities and outdoor learning area.
The nursery offers provision for
- Funded places, 15 hours a week for 3 – 4 year olds, each morning
- Funded places, upto 15 hours a week for 2 year olds who are entitled to FEET funding, in the afternoon
- Fee paying places for 2 year olds – again afternoons
Admission to nursery for 3 year olds is at the start of the term after the third birthday; for 2 year olds it can be from the 2nd birthday. Admissions forms can be found at the school office. Admission to the Reception Class is normally at the start of the school year in which the child turns 5 – so children must be 4 on the 1st September. Applications should be done online via Northumberland County Council, although school staff are happy to help if this is problematic.
The day to day running of the nursery is undertaken by our well qualified and highly competent Early Years staff. All staff members have a minimum of an NVQ level 3 in a relevant childcare discipline. Adult to child ratios are maintained at the legal limit at all times.